NEUMANN KM183-A NX - OMNI-MICROPHONE. DIFFUSE-FIELD EQUALISED. NEXTELThe Neumann KM 183 A NX is a part of the modular KM A / KM D miniture microphone system from Neumann. The KM183-A NX consists of a KK 183 omnidirectional capsule and a KM A amplifier, both in a nextel finish.
The modular KM A / KM D miniature microphone system is a further development of the successful KM 100 series. The newly developed passive capsule design is available with 8 different directional characteristics, and can be combined modularly as desired with an analog (KM A) or digital (KM D) output stage in accordance with the AES 42 standard. The new, considerably smaller microphone capsules and an extensive program of accessories permit excellent adaptation of the microphone system to a wide range of applications.
Through the use of the most up-to-date electronic components the system offers many electroacoustic and operational advantages, such as lower self-noise, a wider dynamic range and very high immunity to electromagnetic interference. The acoustics of the capsules were taken from the proven KM 100 system.
NEUMANN KM183-A NX FEATURES
- Three different miniature microphones for all typical studio applications
- Successor of the worldwide successful KM 83/84
- Transformerless circuitry
- For close miking of instruments when there is no need to attenuate extraneous noise, and in a balanced acoustic environment to record acoustic guitar, wind instruments, strings, percussion, drums
- Ideal as AB stereo pair because of the flat frequency response in the diffuse sound field
- Main mic, especially for capturing room acoustics
- For stereo recordings with a baffle plate
- Spot mic for piano, wind instruments, organ, choir