This filter has a grade of 1. Grades of 1/2, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase. When higher grade numbers are applied, a halation effect around highlights can be created to further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- General soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Provides a smoother appearance of fine lines and textures
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- 82mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport
Soft focus and diffusion
Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles; smooths fine lines and textures; maintains overall sharpness