Characterized by its speed and sophisticated design, the black Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 ZM from ZEISS is a wide-angle prime for M-mount rangefinder cameras. Balancing the versatile wide focal length is the notably bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, which aids in working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field. The Distagon optical design, which helps to reduce distortion, is benefitted by the inclusion of both aspherical and anomalous partial dispersion elements to further suppress spherical and chromatic aberrations for high sharpness and clarity. A floating elements system is also employed to maintain image quality throughout the focusing range, even at the minimum focusing distance of 2.3', and a T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting.
- Wide-angle lens employs a Distagon optical concept to realize well-corrected imagery with virtually no distortion.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for selective focus shooting.
- Two aspherical elements help to reduce spherical aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness.
- Three anomalous partial dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved color accuracy and clarity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements design helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Manual focus design enables a minimum focusing distance of 2.3'.
- A 10-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when working with selective focus techniques.