BLUESHAPE offers an innovative solution for greater convenience and safety when travelling or shipping lithium-ion batteries greater than 100Wh by air. Current IATA regulations for passengers limit batteries to 2 between 100-160Wh and any reasonable number below 100Wh. Any larger batteries or a higher quantity must be shipped with special packaging and markings and under many circumstances cannot be shipped on passenger aircraft.
IATA Regulation, Packing Instructions 965 Section 1A and Section 1B recently amended, states that only cargo flight can accept packages containing Li-ion batteries approved under UN3480 designation. Nowadays this is the only possible way to ship batteries larger than 100Wh by air. The stringent shipping procedures impose the usage of special UN approved packaging.
BLUESHAPE, in cooperation with a leading manufacturer of professional cases, has created a dedicated solution for the best-selling BLUESHAPE models BV090, BV100HD, BV150, BV180, BV100HD SPLASH, both GRANITE and GRANITE TWO series.
These cases have been certified in accordance with UN regulations and have a unique omologation number from an international body, thus guaranteeing the user, more peace of mind for transporting batteries by air.
BX5 case has an impact-resistant outer case. The interior has high-density cushioning foam to eliminate and chance of interior contact. Each battery is segregated in individual compartments. When a BLUESHAPE battery is shipped in this case with the provided contact covers in place, the chance of damage during flight is reduced to zero. The number of batteries allowed in each case is specifically calculated to comply with the UN3480 regulations.
The BLUESHAPE unique omologation number and the UN3480 deisgnation are printed on the cases, while the other mandatory markings are offered in the package as robust stickers that the user can apply and remove if needed:
- 5x CAO stickers (Cargo Aircrafy Only)
- 5x Class 9 stickers
- 5x Shipper/Consignee sticker, to be villed in every time the case is used to ship batteries
Furthermore, since BX5 is certified for the transport of the slimmer BV090, we provide in the box 5x additional sheet foam to be used for buffering the slimmer batteries in each compartment to avoid slack fitting.
BX5 can also be used for carrying batteries on board at check-in!
The case can be used if the user wishes, to carry on board, any batteries smaller than 100Wh. The regulations dictate that batteries below 100Wh can actually be carried on board at check-in as carryon luggage in reasonable amounts. Transporting these types of smaller batteries in the BX5 can be convenient since it enhances the safety of the shipment apart from providing increased peace of mind to both user and airline. In all cases, adequate packing is always essential.
- This case can be used to ship up to 5 lithium ion batteries with airlines and couriers accepting UN3480 batteries falling under PI965 1A or PI965 1B (we suggest you always use PI965 1A for simpler labelling)
- BLUESHAPE wish to make it explicitly clear that usage of this case does not empower users to ignore the regulations and restrictions laid out by IATA for the air transport of Lithium ion batteries.
- Users are also reminded that the certification covers only the designated BLUESHAPE batteries. We cannot assume any responsibility if other 3rd party batteries are used.
- Users are reminded that different countries and airlines may chose to have their own additional restrictions and regulations.
- Users may want to print the current Dangerous Goods Regulations and keep the information with the case as well as the case certification.
- All airlines should be familiar with the design and development of dedicated packing solutions for dangerous goods.
- Airlines will consider the li-ion content of other passengers as well as items in these cases to determine whether the items can be accepted for shipping.
- Airlines, at their discretion, may divert the case to an aircraft with lesser quantity of dangerous goods or refuse it entirely.
IT IS SUGGESTED THAT THE AIRLINE BE CONTACTED IN ADVANCE FOR OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION AND CLEARANCE REGARDING EACH SHIPMENT.
- UN Certified and Approved according to the UN Model Regulation for the Transport of Dangerous Goods
- IATA compliant for the transport of UN3480 Li-Ion batteries under Packing Instructions 965 1A or 965 1B
- The certification is restricted to BLUESHAPE GRANITE and GRANITE TWO models: BV090, BV100HD, BV150, BV180, BV100HD SPLASH
- Additional sheet foam is provided for extra padding when using slimmer BV090
- The case is tested and certified to carry up to 5 batteries of the above models. Combinations of models is permissible.
- Convenient solution for carrying batteries on board at check-in (just with models below 100Wh)
- Max approved gross weight at transport - 10 Kg
- Lightweight, IP67 waterproof, unbreakable case with ergonomic handle
- Automatic valve to automatically self adjusts the internal air pressure
- Heavy duty latches designed to remain closed even if the case falls
- Reinforced corners for maximum impact resistance
- Size: 405 x 330 x 170mm (15.94" x 12.99" x 6.69")