Realizing a truly expansive field of view, the Distagon T* 15mm f/2.8 ZM Lens from ZEISS is a fast, wide prime designed for M-mount rangefinder cameras. This super wide-angle utilizes a Distagon optical design to limit distortion, and also employs one aspherical element and two anomalous partial dispersion glass elements to control spherical and chromatic aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and clarity. A floating elements system is also used to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focus range, down to the minimum focusing distance of 11.8". Individual elements have also been treated with a T* anti-reflective coating to suppress lens flare and ghosting, and a built-in lens hood also helps to limit surface reflections when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Super wide-angle lens employs a Distagon optical concept to realize well-corrected rectilinear imagery with virtually no distortion.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- One aspherical element and high refractive index glass helps to reduce spherical aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness.
- Two anomalous partial dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved color accuracy and clarity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Internal focusing mechanism and a floating elements design help to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Manual focus design enables a minimum focusing distance of 11.8".
- Built-in, non-removable lens hood helps to prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strongly lit conditions.