Intended for photographers, videographers, cinematographers, and gaffers, the C-700R-U SpectroMaster Color Meter for Photo/Video/Cine from Sekonic is an advanced field meter capable of reading all light sources whether they're LED, flash, incandescent, HMI, fluorescent or in the natural light spectrum. Most importantly, it's a practical lighting tool that analyzes the light source using 9 different display modes on its 4.3" color touchscreen, indicating specifically what you need to do to achieve your desired effect. Additionally, the C-700R-U employs radio technology to wirelessly trigger a PocketWizard-connected flash at distances up to 100'. The meter's CMOS sensor enables measurement in increments as fine as 1nm and allows capture of color spikes in the light output—an especially valuable function when working with LED, HMI, fluorescent lighting and mixed sources.
The SpectroMaster has very impressive accuracy, repeatability, and response specs and a wide range of values in all modes. Flash units can be triggered at distances up to up 100' (30m) using the optional PocketWizard wireless triggering system. Any flash can be triggered and measured with a touch of the meter's measuring button. Selective zone control can even trigger individual flashes in a group or the entire group simultaneously. Ambient light has a wide 1.0 to 200,000 lux range (0.09 to 18,600 fc). The intuitive color touchscreen offers access to the meter's many functions including a Spectrum graph, CRI, Camera Filter, Lighting Filter, White Balance Compensation, and comparison of multiple lights.
Text mode offers screen display of color temperature, lux or fc, color compensation, and light balancing filters for your targeted color temperature. CRI also has a dedicated screen that displays standard color reference values (including R1 thru 15) as a percentage of the light source's ability to reproduce a color accurately, as compared to the Ra standard. The Camera Filter and Lighting Filter Screens display actual Rosco, Lee, Kodak Wratten, and Fuji filter designations.
Flash Measurement with Wireless Triggering
The C-700R-U measures virtually all light sources including flash and better yet it can wirelessly trigger the flash at distances up to 100' using units with attached PocketWizard receivers or transceivers or built-in PocketWizard technology. The meter's selective zone control can even trigger and evaluate individual flashes in a group or the all of the units in the group simultaneously
Selecting Radio Channels
- ControlTL Channels: The C-700R-U is designed for use with the PocketWizard radio system. There are 20 channels for FCC & IC, and 3 for CE. You can set 3 zones (A, B and C) for each channel.
- Standard Channels: There are 32 PocketWizard meter channels. Channels 1–16 are single channels. Channels 17–32 can have 4 zones (A, B, C, D).
Precise LED, HMI, Fluorescent, Tungsten, and Natural Light Measurement
The C-700 series incorporates a CMOS linear sensor, that measures and evaluates the true color temperature of a light source from 380 to 780nm in 1nm output wavelength increments, capturing spikes in output of conventional light sources as well as fluorescent, HMI, and LED sources
Wide Measuring Range of Color Temperature and Illuminance
A wide correlated color temperature range (1,600 to 40,000K) and illuminance (1 to 200,000 lux) offers the flexibility and accuracy to measure any constant light source in any demanding studio or on-location production
- The Text Screen displays user selected measurement values. Real time measurements appear and are updated after every reading, next to their light measurement values
- The Main Screen offers quick selection of many of the C-700 series' functions at a touch of a finger
- The CRI Screen displays the standard color reference values (including R1 thru 15) as a percentage of the light sources ability to reproduce a color accurately, as compared to the Ra standard
- The Spectrum Screen displays the spectral energy distribution of a source in real time. It can be displayed as a graph and data or full screen
- The Multi Light Screen reads up to 4 light sources' color temperature as well as light balance and color compensation recommendations can be memorizes them and allows them to be compared