Vinten System Vision blue5 Head with Flowtech 75 Carbon Fiber Tripod, Mid-Level Spreader, and Rubber Feet
This Vinten System Vision blue5 with Flowtech 75 Carbon Fiber Tripod, Mid-Level Spreader, and Rubber Feet supports cameras and accessories weighing from 12.1 to 26.5 pounds, and is well suited for medium to large camcorders, as well as DSLR/Mirrorless cameras in shoulder rigs with accessories. The head features a sliding balance plate to balance your camera, infinitely variable counterbalance adjustment and tilt drag. The head also features a tilt range of -90 to +90°.
The included Flowtech legs are a lightweight set of tripod legs that can be used with or without the included mid-level spreader. The legs support up to 44 pounds, which means they can easily handle the weight of the included Vision blue5 head as well as your camera and accessories. They extend from approximately two feet to five feet, and are extremely resistant to twisting when you pan. Additionally, each leg features a single lock near the top of the leg that allows you to open the leg sections to raise or lower the leg. The included padded carry bag is for storing or transporting the head and legs.
Vision blue5 Pan and Tilt Tripod Head
The Vinten Vision blue5 Pan and Tilt Tripod Head is a lightweight and compact pan and tilt head featuring a combination of continuous counterbalance and infinite drag. It provides a full +/-90° of smooth tilt movement with a counterbalance range of 12.1 to 26.5 lbs at 100mm center of gravity, perfect for supporting the latest portable digital cameras. A blue illuminated leveling bubble offers the added advantage of quick and convenient set-up. The head has a 75mm ball base.
Continuous Counterbalance and Infinite Drag
- Counterbalance range of 12.1 to 26.5 lbs at 100mm center of gravity
- Full +/-90° of smooth tilt movement
- Illuminated leveling bubble
- 75mm ball base
Flowtech 75 Carbon Fiber Tripod with Mid-Level Spreader and Rubber Feet
The Vinten Flowtech 75 Carbon Fiber Tripod with Mid-Level Spreader and Rubber Feet eschews the common single or double carbon fiber tube design and instead has redesigned the shape of the legs for improved torsional strength. The legs weigh under 7 pounds yet they can support a payload of up to 44 pounds, and extend from a minimum height of 24" to a maximum height of 61" when using the included removable mid-level spreader. Each leg features a single clamping lever that locks and unlocks the sections.
Each leg extends or retracts independently from the other two, and when it is detached from the spreader each leg can pivot without affecting the other legs. This is especially useful when working on rough or uneven terrain. You can remove the spreader completely and lock each leg in one of three positions, so you can work without a spreader if you wish. This enables you to spread the legs extremely wide for low shots, while the tripod legs maintain their torsional stability. The dual spikes at the end of each leg provide extra grip when working on softer ground, and you can snap rubber feet onto the dual spikes for better grip when working on hard or delicate surfaces.
- Dual-stage, carbon fiber, 75mm bowl tripod
- Weighs only 6.4 pounds but supports up to 44 pounds
- The design and construction of the legs provide tremendous torsional stability. In other words, the legs resist twisting when you pan the tripod head.
- The included mid-level spreader allows you to work on uneven terrain such as stairs or rocks while preventing the legs from flying apart. When using the mid-level spreader, you can use the included rubber feet to protect delicate surfaces from the tripod's foot spikes.
- Each leg features a single clamping lever lock design at the top of the leg, near the 75mm bowl. This allows you to loosen all three leg sections from a single location, saving you time while reducing the wear and tear on your body as you don't have to bend down to loosen a leg lock at the bottom to lower or raise the legs.
- The legs incorporate a locking mechanism that enables the legs to move freely for working with a spreader, or to lock at one of three angles when working without a spreader.
- When closing the legs, there is room for the mid-level spreader to be folded up while remaining attached. The legs feature a magnetic locking system strong enough to hold them together during transport, but it also allows you to easily release the legs when you want to set them up.