Profoto P901013 - D2 1000 AirTTL
Profoto D2 1000 AirTTL Monolight Flash Head (901013). Profoto D2 -The world’s fastest monolight
With the Profoto D2, you’re always up to speed. Whether you’re shooting portrait, food, fashion or sport, with a flash duration of up to 1/63,000 of a second you’ll get a great shot every time. This is high-end light shaping excellence in a superfast and versatile package for photographers who demand only the very best.
The D2 can be fully integrated together with AirTTL flashes like the B1 and B2. You can shoot with all flashes in TTL or manual mode or combine them as you wish. For example set the D2 in manual for the background and use the B1 or B2 in TTL as the main flash. HSS is available in both manual and TTL modes.
Compact and convenient
Profoto monolights are self-contained flash units. Unlike a flash pack, which consists of a separate generator and a number of flash heads, the monolight has its own mains powered built-in power source. As a result it’s a compact, convenient and powerful solution for both studio and on-location.
6 reasons to choose the Profoto D2:
Freeze the moment
The D2 can provide super quick flash durations up to 1/63,000 of a second. Shoot a splash of water and it will be frozen in mid-air – a photographic work of art.
Catch the moment
The D2 can shoot up to 20 flashes per second. That’s fast enough to catch the best of any moment. Ask your subject to jump and you’ll have 20 mid-air exposures to choose from.
Control your surroundings
Profoto High-Speed Sync (HSS) enables you to shoot with shutter speeds up to 1/8,000 of a second. Use HSS to shoot with large aperture in bright conditions or to freeze action with absolute sharpness.
Shoot with ease using TTL
Point-and-shoot in TTL Mode. Switch to Manual Mode and control the light with intuitive buttons and menus. Forget about the flash and focus on the light.
Overpower any light
The D2 packs enough of punch to overpower the available light in almost any situation. Its power is also a blessing when shooting at larger distances or when using larger Light Shaping Tools.
Grow with speed
It has the speed to set you free, and the power for you to be at your best. It’s an integrated part of the extensive Profoto system. Go full speed ahead with the D2.
1x D2 1000 AirTTL
1x Power cable
1x Bag XS
- Compact and lightweight.
- Freeze the moment with flash durations up to 1/63,000s.
- Capture the action with super quick bursts up to 20 flashes per second.
- Shoot with AirTTL or manual mode and connect wirelessly with other Profoto Air flashes.
- Enjoy precision and control over a 10 f-stop power range available in 500Ws and 1000Ws.
- Control ambient light with HSS and create crisp images without motion blur at shutter speeds up to 1/8,000s.
- Delivers superior control and quality of light with its built-in reﬂector and 300W Halogen modeling light.
- Can be wirelessly controlled from up to a 300 m range with any optional Air Remote.
- Simple, intuitive user interface with large, high-resolution display.
- Optional Quartz flashtube for high volume packshot available.
- Compatible with 120+ Profoto light shaping tools.
2 to 1000 Ws
10 Stops in 1/10-Stop Increments
t.5: 1/50,000 to 1/1600 Sec
0.03 to 1.2 Sec ()
Flash Ready Indicator
Accessory Fitting Type
Free Set, Full On, Off, Proportional
Cable, Infrared, Optical, Radio
1/1/8000 Sec (High-Speed)
Wireless Channels / Groups
8 / 6
1000' / 300 m (Radio)
AC Input Voltage
100to240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz
Adaptive Thermal Control
H: 7.1 x W: 5.1 x L: 12.2" / H: 18.0 x W: 13.0 x L: 31.0 cm
7.5 lb / 3.4 kg