NewTek TriCaster Mini Advanced
The NewTek TriCaster Mini Advanced HD-4 SDI is a compact, all-in-one multimedia solution that allows you to simultaneously broadcast, stream, and record live productions from virtually anywhere. The eight-input switcher makes it easy to switch between four SDI or eight NDI video sources, mix audio, add graphics and titles, and add advanced effects like virtual sets and animated transitions. Using the same intuitive and fully featured control software as the rest of the TriCaster professional line, the TriCaster Mini is suited for both new users and seasoned pros. For added convenience, a 7" display is built-in for viewing the Program output, Preview output, or any input source signal.
In addition to the four SDI inputs, you can choose from four NDI devices on the network, including computers, PTZ cameras, or even wireless capture devices. Two SDI outputs are provided for sending the Program output with audio to external devices, with video-only HDMI and DVI outputs available for monitoring the multiview output and user interface.
The TriCaster Mini can record up to four simultaneous video input or output signals at full resolution to the two internal 750GB storage drives, providing up to 30 hours of HD video recording. You can also record to external drives connected via USB 3.0. The TriCaster Mini supports live streaming with presets available for industry-standard live content delivery networks such as YouTube and Facebook Live. Additionally, you can save a web-ready streaming file for later upload to popular social media or video-on-demand sites.
A cable retention bracket comes included, which doubles as a handle for the TriCaster Mini. Also included are a keyboard and mouse, which provide cordless operation via wireless Bluetooth technology. You can also add the optional TriCaster Mini Control Panel for traditional tactile control with T-bar and illuminated buttons.
All-In-One Multimedia Studio
The TriCaster Mini Advanced makes it possible for anyone to start creating multimedia content without the need for additional software or equipment. With just one system, you can switch between eight video sources, mix audio, add graphics and titles, and add advanced effects like virtual sets and animated transitions. You can also network with computers and wireless devices for presentations and screen sharing, stream to the web, publish to social media sites, and record content for later viewing.
Compact, Travel-Ready Size
The compact size of the TriCaster Mini Advanced allows you to produce and stream content from virtually anywhere. It's small enough to fit into a backpack for easy travel, and doesn't require a studio full of gear to use.
Network Device Interface
The Advanced TriCaster software built into the switcher provides compatibility with NewTek's NDI A/V protocol, as well as Audinate's Dante audio protocol (requires separate Dante Virtual Soundcard license). All available video and audio inputs can be utilized by network connectivity, allowing video and audio devices to exist on a standard IP network without the need for routing expensive and cumbersome video and audio cables.
Robotic Camera Support
Access up to four live Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) robotic cameras via standard serial and network protocols, with native preset system and user interface control over camera orientation, zoom, focus, and iris.
Multichannel Audio Mixer
The multichannel audio mixer within the TriCaster software lets you manage camera audio, including internal and external audio sources, outputs, recorded audio, stream audio, and headphone output. It supports Master and Aux output mixes.
- Pan control, solo auditioning, seven-band equalizer, and stereo compressor/limiter per input and output, with per-input audio delay control
- Multi-bus routing of audio source channels to any combination of outputs, with independent level control over channels 1/2 and 3/4 for quad sources
- Audio-follow-video system enabling audio to follow multiple video sources, with support for unlimited audio grouping combinations
- Digital audio inputs equipped with audio time base synchronizers
- Supports companion iPad audio mixing app and Avid Artist Mix audio control surface
Record up to four simultaneous video input or output signals at full resolution in QuickTime, MPEG-2, AVI, or H.264 file formats to internal or external storage.
Recorded media is stored to two internal 750GB storage drives, accommodating approximately up to 30 hours of HD video recording. Media can also be recorded to external storage drives connected via USB 3.0.
Built-in Wi-Fi enables wireless connection to local network for streaming, publishing, and networking.
TriCaster Mini supports HD live streaming with presets with common streaming profiles and custom multi-bit rate streaming profiles (including RTMP streaming and browser-based streaming applications), and autosave of web-ready stream files for video on demand (VOD) upload.
Upload video and images directly to social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter; export content to FTP servers, and copy files to attached or networked storage locations.
An external monitor is required for viewing the user interface and for multiview display. The TriCaster Mini has HDMI and DVI outputs for hooking up an external display. A built-in 7" case display is provided and shows the Program output by default, but can also be set to show the Preview selection, any source signal, buffer, waveform display, vectorscope display, or the production clock.
Five digital media players are provided for video, graphics, and sounds. You can also access up to 15 additional graphic sources instantly during live production with still and title buffers.
The TriCaster Mini features four M/E buses, each with independent switcher and key layer, for advanced video mixing, compositing, effects, and virtual sets.
- Mix mode enables secondary switcher operation for output, submix, or recording, with Program/Preview workflow and transitions
- Effects mode enables multilayer compositing, effects generation, and virtual set application, with per-source 3D DVE, scaling, cropping, and keying
Transitions and Effects
The built-in effects engine lets you apply transitions, animation stores, and real-time 3D video warping. An Animation Store Creator is included for creating custom effects.
Over thirty HD live virtual sets are provided with multiple camera angles, shot presets, realistic virtual camera movements, and real-time reflections, plus support for custom holographic virtual sets.
Use macros to record your favorite go-to settings, commands, or operation sequences, and then create custom one-step shortcuts to simplify or automate control. Support for standard MIDI protocol enables third-party MIDI device control of TriCaster operations via macros.
Grab full resolution, de-fielded still images from Program output, and freely choose to add grabs to Publish queue, Media Player presets, and Buffer destinations.
- The new Mini SDI no longer comes with a side screen. This results in better heat control and optimized hardware for performance and reliability gains.
- Now comes with Quad output nVidia Quadro P1000 1GB card for more powerful real time advanced processing including full use of CUDA for increased quality, hardware assisted encoding, decoding and streaming.
- 4 Mini DisplayPorts - One for user interface and three for multi-viewers that run in full screen production quality. Comes with 4 mini Display Port adapters.
- New Dual 1Gb Ethernet for increased IP connectivity, and load balancing of across multiple connections. Sharing and load balancing of bandwidth across multiple connections using NDI version 4 doubles the amount of NDI traffic providing more powerful media connectivity and expansion.
- Internal 1 TB SSD EVO m.2 storage for faster boot and load times, increased recording capabilities and higher reliability in portable environments.
- Upgraded CPU : Intel core I7-8700
- New portable storage USB 3.1 and USB-C ports for more concurrent recording capability.
- New 180 watts power supply that makes the hardware quieter during operation.
- Comes with Windows 10 for increased performance and security.
SDI: 4 x BNC
NDI: Up to 8 compatible devices
SDI: 2 x BNC
Display: 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI
Interface/Multiview: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI
Ethernet: 1 x RJ45
USB 3.0: 4 x USB Type-A
USB 2.0: 2 x USB Type-A
Audio: 1 x Analog multichannel, 1 x optical S/PDIF
Five integrated digital media sources for video, graphics, and sounds (two DDRs, two GFX, and Sound), and 15 buffers
Two primary DSK channels
One additional key layer per M/E bus (each with independent transition controls, 3D DVE, scaling, cropping, and integrated TransWarp effects)
Line Level: 2 x 1/4" (left and right channels)
Microphone: 1 x 1/4"
Line Level: 2 x 1/4" (left and right channels)
Headphone: 1 x 1/4"
Playback Media Formats
Video: AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG (1, 2, all profiles, program, or transport streams), MP4, WMV, WebM, and more
Image: PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, EXR, RAW, TIF, and more
Audio: AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more
Between 1 and 2 frames
Video: 4:4:4:4, 32-bit floating point
Audio: Four channels, 96 kHz, 32-bit floating point
Up to four simultaneous video input or output signals in QuickTime (XDCAM HD compatible, 4:2:2 encoding, 24-bit audio), MPEG-2 (High or Normal profile), AVI (SpeedHQ), or H.264 (High or Web quality) file formats
2 x 750 GB internal drives, approximately 30 hours of HD video
Built-in 7" / 17.8 cm LCD screen for output display
4.6 x 9.2 x 7.9" / 11.7 x 23.4 x 20.1 cm
9 lb / 4.1 kg