Make sure you have the right tools to capture small details and get sharp close-ups by picking up this 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens from Sony. This normal-length full-frame lens is designed for A-mount cameras, and is able to realize a true 1:1 magnification ratio through a minimum focus distance of just 7.9". The lens also features an aperture range of f/2.8 to f/32 for control over depth of field and it uses a double-floating elements design to minimize aberrations, even at close-focus distances. Handling is optimized for speed and comfort, starting with an Auto Clutch mechanism that prevents the focusing ring from rotating when autofocus is engaged. Also, the lens has both a focus hold button and focus range limiter for intuitive and fast control over certain aspects of the lens during shooting. Additionally, it has a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth out-of-focus elements.
- This normal prime macro lens is designed for full-frame Sony A-mount DSLRs, and can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- True macro design affords a life-size, 1:1 magnification ratio along with a 7.9" minimum focusing distance for working with close-up subjects. A focusing distance and magnification scale is also printed on the top of the lens to aid in more technical applications.
- An aperture range of f/2.8 to f/32 allows for operation in a wide range of shooting situations and enables photographers to better control depth of field.
- Double-floating lens elements help to minimize aberrations, especially when focusing at extremely close distances.
- An Auto Clutch mechanism prevents the focusing ring from rotating when the lens is set to autofocus, allowing for easier, and more natural feeling control over the lens.
- A focus range limiter switch allows you constrain the usable focus range between a set limited range or full for improving focus speed, and a focus hold button is also featured to manually stop the autofocus at a specified point.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.