The Tiffen 105C (Coarse Thread) Ultra Linear Polarizing Water White Glass Filter is a wonderful filter designed to bring significantly more "snap" to your images. If a traditional polarizer doesn't give you enough "zip", the "Ultra" polarizer gives you a little more. It will bump up your blue skies even more - making the difference between a good photo and a great image.
Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast.
The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Note: Linear polarizers are used with most video and manual focus photo cameras. They are not recommended for auto-focus SLR cameras. Circular polarizers are specifically designed for use with auto-focus SLR cameras (They will also work on manual systems and video cameras without problems).
- Your deep blue sky will become even "bluer"
- A highly efficient design
- Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations.
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multimillion-dollar productions
- Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence