AJA FS2 can simultaneously work with two independent streams of 3G/HD/SD 10-bit Broadcast quality video and two independent groups of 16 channel AES audio. Each FS2 video channel supports virtually any input or output: analog component or composite, 3G/Dual Stream 3G/HD/SD-SDI, Dual-Link and HDMI I/O. You can use the FS2 as two separate Frame Synchronizers/Format Converters, or combine the channels in a variety of powerful ways—for example HD sidebar keying where both the video and background graphics are upconverted and combined.
To expand your possibilities further, each channel possesses its own still-store (not in version 1), keyer, and video proc amp/color corrector. For audio, the FS2 has two audio processors — each processor supporting 16-channel AES/EBU digital audio, 16 channel embedded audio, and 8-channel balanced analog audio with a variety of controls for maximum flexibility.
The FS2 supports closed captioning and the conversion of closed captioning between SD and HD formats—including full conversion between CEA-608 and CEA-708 caption standards. The FS2 is also network ready, supporting SNMP monitoring and web-based remote control. A 3rd-party Remote Control Panel is available. Options available on the FS2 include Dolby E Encoding, Dolby E Decoding, and 3G/HD/SD Optical Fiber I/O.
With support of all broadcast video formats the FS2 makes matching up disparate video and audio systems simple —one converter box does it all. The FS2 is ideally suited for broadcast facilities, production trucks and other rapidly changing environments.
The FS2 can up- or down-convert between SD and HD, and cross-convert between HD formats—including 3G 1080p50/60 formats. Additionally, the FS2 has full input and output signal routing, allowing any I/O port to be assigned to either processing channel.
- Up/down/cross conversion between various SD and HD formats including 1080p50/60
- General purpose video frame synchronisation
- Analog-to-digital and Digital-to-analog audio/video conversion
- Mux or demux two seperate HD signals into one Dual Stream 3G at input or output
- Convert 3G/HD/SD video over fibre to/from SDI (BNC)
- Use the built-in video processing amplifiers to adjust and/or colour correct
- Synchroniser the timing of key and fill signals by putting both through the parallel FS2 video channels and adjusting their timing independantly. Then key them using one of the two FS2 keyers or an external keyer
- Use the HDMI input and a DVI to HDMI cable to scan-convert popular computer video formats to SD, or HD, including full proc-amp functionality and aspect ratio adjustment. (future firmware release)
- HD sidebar keying including using both SD video and SD sidebar graphics (analog or digital) upconverting both, and combining - all inside the FS2
Dual-link 1080p60, 1080p59.94,
1080p50, YCbCr (4:2:2),
2Kx1080p/ 23.98/ 24/ 25/ 29.97/ 30/ 50/ 59.94/ 60
SMPTE 259-C/ 274/ 292/ 372/ 425-A/ 425-B
HDMI Input (RGB or YCbCr 4:2:2)
HDMI Output (YCbCr 4:2:2)
HD component YPbPr/RGB (RGB is output only), SMPTE-274