Tascam TM-90BM Boundary Condenser Microphone
The Tascam TM-90BM is a boundary condenser microphone designed to deliver low-profile vocal and instrument reproduction for speakers, musicians, and audio engineers in conference and office rooms, recording studios, and live stage applications. Its half-supercardioid polar pattern aids in rejection of off-axis sounds and a maximum SPL of 140 dB allows distortion-free capture of loud sources such as drums.
The 50 Hz to 18 kHz frequency response is well-suited to speech and many musical instruments due to its natural attenuation of sub-low frequencies. Further control of the low end is provided via a 3-position Bass Tilt switch. The supplied patch cable, which is terminated with an XLR 3-pin male jack, allows for easy connection to a mixer or microphone preamp. Mic preamps that supply 9 to 52V phantom power are sufficient for operation of the mic.
The TM-90BM ships with a hardshell carry case for safe transport between gigs.
- Suitable for tabletop, wall, or floor placement
- Low-profile design and matte black finish are ideal for on-camera use
- Half-supercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of ambient sound from the rear of the mic
- 50 Hz to 18 kHz frequency response attenuates low-frequency rumble
- Works with 9 to 52V phantom power
- Dedicated 9.6' patch cable with XLR 3-pin male jack
- High maximum SPL of 140 dB enables handling of high-level sound sources
- 3-position bass switch offers -5 dB cut, flat, and +5 dB boost settings at 100 Hz
- Includes hardshell carry case for safe and simple transport
50 Hz to 18 kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio
140 dB SPL RMS
-35 dB at 1 kHz
@ 100 Hz
Not Specified by Manufacturer
1 x 3-Pin XLR
9 to 52 V
Dimensions (W x H x D)
6.7 x 0.9 x 3.2" / 170.0 x 24.0 x 81.5 mm
9.17 oz / 260 g