Made for the TV broadcast industry, the Pole-Operated with Euro Plug version of the Kino Flo ParaZip 215 is a 2 lamp fixture that casts a wide soft beam of flattering light thanks to a parabolic reflector, that's dimmable from 5-100% manually or remotely via DMX. The design of the reflector is such that it efficiently projects a beam of soft light a distance of 16' - ideal for studios. The beam can be further controlled by the included 90° honeycomb grid (louver). The ParaZip is designed to use 21" 55W True Match Compact Fluorescent lamps available in both 3200 and 5500K that render colors faithfully down to the subtlest of hues.
Thanks to its long lamp life, low heat, and low electrical draw the ParaZip is a smart "green" choice too. Not only is it cheaper to run than traditional tungsten lights but low heat means low air-conditioning costs and a higher degree of comfort for the talent. Besides the 90° louver the ParaZip comes with a filter holder for gels and diffusion materials.
This version of the ParaZip has a pole-operated mount. It is meant to be hung overhead on a pipe or grid and have its pan and tilt adjusted from below using a pole. It also features a yoke mount outfitted with a Junior Pin adapter. It also comes with a Euro Plug AC cable; however, the built-in ballast is capable of running on 100-240 VAC mains power for worldwide use with a simple plug adapter.
- Low amperage draw
- Long lamp life
- Low operating temperature
- More efficient heat management design for stable color temperature
- Full spectrum (CRI 95) lamps available in 3200K and 5500K
- Kino Flo 55W lamps also available in 420nm blue and 550nm green for blue and green screen applications
- High color rendering True Match lamps work well alongside conventional quartz lights or HMIs
- Universal voltage 100-240 VAC
- DMX control for stable color temperature and light level control
- 5-Pin XLR DMX In and Out with Auto Termination
- Color gels do not burn out or fade due to low heat of fixture