The Formatt 77mm Hi Def Clear Glass Filter is a clear (colorless) filter for color as well as black and white films. Also serves as a permanent lens protector.
Hi Def Filters
- Hi Def filters do not experience color shift - Specifically designed for use with High Definition filming - Optically consistant from filter to filter - Formatt filters use the finest materials together with state of the art production techniques; This has resulted in a standard of optical perfection unmatched anywhere else - All Formatt filters are manufactured using Schott-Desag B270 Crown Optical Glass that is precision polished and ground to ensure absolute optical flatness and optimum performance
Absorbing Cell Technology
- The secret to Formatt's consistency in filter design lies in its unique "Absorbing Cell Technology" (A.C.T.); This unique process allows color correct dyes to be applied to optically pure, wafer thin absorbing cells and offers a controllability that ensures the smoothest grad lines and consistent color across the whole filter surface.
- This process is revolutionary compared with conventional filter dying techniques by eliminating the need to directly coat the glass surface itself; The repeatable performance gained through A.C.T. ensures that at any time you have to swap like filters for like filters mid shoot you can do so with confidence with no discernable differences in color or density.
- Each filter is guaranteed flatness to a maximum 2-wave value and comes with an individual reading from a laser interferometer; Every filter is carefully verified with a densitometer and spectrophotometer to ensure consistent and accurate transmission, before leaving the factory - the result is an absolute purity of image that eliminates any unwanted colorcast caused by conventional greenish soda-lime glass.
- If desired they can be left on the lens at all times for protection
- Haze filters provide additional benefits of correction for Ultraviolet(UV) light which can register on film and videotape as a bluish cast and can obscure distant details
- Ultraviolet filters allow you to correct for the UV effect to varying degrees